“I found the custom tour and workshop to be more than expected in that Jeff spent so much time with us. He is a great wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to spend a couple days with. We spent time working in Lightroom and chatting which was above and beyond expectations. Jeff is so genuine in both his love of photography and teaching that we came away learning more than expected.”
Let me guide you to stunning locations in Alaska where you can experience and capture the beauty and power of the landscape.
I will plan, design, and guide you through this once-in-a-lifetime trip; so that you can focus on the creative process process of immortalizing the experience through epic photography.
My 35+ years living in Alaska has given me the logistical expertise to navigate our geography through a network of remote lodges and contacts who specialize in the remote travel.
Regardless of how you understand or classify your level of technical photographic knowledge; I am here to guide you to great Alaska photography locations and help take your photography to the next level with custom tailored photography instruction.
Custom Photo Tours are ideal for individuals, families and corporate groups seeking intimate group size with specialized instruction.
No matter what your experience of Alaska is, if you can think of it, I can design an Alaska custom private photo tour around it and make it happen. And if you can’t think of what you’d like to see or photograph; based on your desires and my first-hand knowledge of the State, I will create an itinerary that is sure to satisfy your photo palette. Based on your wishes, style and budget, I will take care of all your logistics including transportation, accommodations and meals.
Choose from the endless variety Alaska’s vast geographic features, activities and wildlife species in any season of the year:
- Alaska National Park photography tours such as Denali, Katmai, Wrangell St. Elias & Lake Clark National Parks.
- Prince William Sound
- Glaciers & Ice Bergs
- Alaska Wildlife photo tours including; Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears, Moose, Caribou, Bald Eagles, Whales and more
- Alaska Bird Photography
- Dog Mushing Photo Tour
- Alaska Northern Lights — Aurora Borealis photo tours
- Aerial Photography from fixed-wing plane or helicopter
- Alaska Native People Photo Tour
- Off-the-beaten-path locations
- Stunning Alaska mountain, forest and ocean-side landscape photo tour locations
- Comfortable and Quality Accommodations & Transportation
Fees for a Custom Alaska Photo Tour with Jeff Schultz:
- One Full Day leaving from Anchorage: 8-hours including travel time: $875. This fee includes Jeff as your private guide/driver and photo instructor. It also includes Jeff doing all pre-planning of logistics, itinerary and shoot locations, vehicle transportation as well as Jeff’s meals. In addition to this fee, client is responsible for their own meals and any additional transportation (air-taxi, boat, helicopter etc.) services. Once an itinerary is agreed upon, Jeff will provide a custom-quote with firm number for the total costs.
- Per 24-hour Overnight Period: $1250 includes Jeff as guide/driver, custom photo instruction services as well as Jeff’s meals. It also includes Jeff doing all the pre-planning of logistics, itinerary, shoot locations & the making of reservations for accommodations & the making of reservations for any additional transportation (air-taxi, boat, helicopter etc.). In addition to this fee, client is responsible for lodging for both Jeff and client(s), client meals, and any additional transportation services (air-taxi, boat, helicopter etc.). Once an itinerary is agreed upon, Jeff will provide a custom-quote with firm number for the total costs.
Contact Jeff today to inquire about a custom photo tour
“My goal for all of my Alaska photo tours and workshops is simple: bring you to unique and spectacular Alaska locations, offer you personable & easily understood photography instruction to take your photography to the next level, and make sure your time is enjoyable.” – Jeff Schultz
“Jeff is a wonderful instructor, and super nice guy, who taught our group a lot about composition, hyperfocal distance, and much more. This workshop was a big step in my photography, and after participating I noticed huge improvements in the images that I produced. I would highly recommend that anyone who wants to advance their photography take one of Jeff’s workshops.”
“This is my third photo trek with Jeff Schultz and Alaska Photo Treks and for good reason: it was another AMAZING trip! The personalized focus, first class instruction, and Jeff’s easy demeanor made for a first class experience in the beautiful country of Alaska. Bottom line, if you have an opportunity to attend one of Jeff’s Photo Treks or Workshops, TAKE IT!”
View Images from Custom Photo Tours by Season
Custom Tour Refund Policy:
Except for the non-refundable $300 of the initial deposit payment, all other deposits are 100% refundable up to 120 days prior to the trip start. Refunds for cancellations less than 120 days prior to the start date are not guaranteed. If we can fill the space with another booking we will refund the payments minus the $300 non-refundable fee, plus any non-refundable deposits with vendors.
Cancellations less than 120 days from deposit, where we cannot fill the space will forfeit 100% of the deposits. For this reason, and for medical emergencies, we strongly recommend trip insurance. Except for the $300 non-refundable deposit, any deposits forfeited can be applied to a future Jeff Schultz Photography photo tour for either you or a designated recipient.
The Trip Cost Includes
- Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport(in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you don’t have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu, some packages do include hotel expenses)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on chartered helicopter.