Let me take you to make stunning images of your dream locations & wildlife in Alaska. Whether you want to make photos in the classic Alaska locations or in places that the average traveler will never see, I can make that happen. I have traveled and photographed many places, wildlife species and landscapes in my 35+ years living in Alaska. I have extensive knowledge of the seasons, wildlife, landscapes and travel logistics needed to create a one-of-a-kind private, custom, guided Alaska photo tour. My contacts of quality lodges and accommodations as well transportation (boat, helicopter, air taxis) is varied and vast all over the State. No matter what your photography level; beginner, intermediate, advanced or professional, during your private Alaska photography tour I am here to not only guide you to great Alaska photography locations but also to help take your photography to the next level by offering custom photography instruction.
I offer private and custom Alaska photo tours for individuals, families and small or large corporate groups.
No matter what your experience of Alaska is, if you can think of it, I can design an Alaska custom private photo tour around it and make it happen. And if you can’t think of what you’d like to see or photograph; based on your desires and my first-hand knowledge of the State, I will create an itinerary that is sure to satisfy your photo palette. Based on your wishes, style and budget, I will take care of all your logistics including transportation, accommodations and meals.
Choose from the endless variety Alaska’s vast geographic features, activities and wildlife species in any season of the year:
- Alaska National Park photography tours such as Denali, Katmai, Wrangell St. Elias & Lake Clark National Parks.
- Prince William Sound
- Glaciers & Ice Bergs
- Alaska Wildlife photo tours including; Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears, Moose, Caribou, Bald Eagles, Whales and more
- Alaska Bird Photography
- Dog Mushing Photo Tour
- Alaska Northern Lights — Aurora Borealis photo tours
- Aerial Photography from fixed-wing plane or helicopter
- Alaska Native People Photo Tour
- Off-the-beaten-path locations
- Stunning Alaska mountain, forest and ocean-side landscape photo tour locations
- Comfortable and Quality Accommodations & Transportation
Fees for a Custom Alaska Photo Tour with Jeff Schultz:
- One Full Day leaving from Anchorage: 8-hours including travel time: $875. This fee includes Jeff as your private guide/driver and photo instructor. It also includes Jeff doing all pre-planning of logistics, itinerary and shoot locations, vehicle transportation as well as Jeff’s meals. In addition to this fee, client is responsible for their own meals and any additional transportation (air-taxi, boat, helicopter etc.) services. Once an itinerary is agreed upon, Jeff will provide a custom-quote with firm number for the total costs.
- Per 24-hour Overnight Period: $1250 includes Jeff as guide/driver, custom photo instruction services as well as Jeff’s meals. It also includes Jeff doing all the pre-planning of logistics, itinerary, shoot locations & the making of reservations for accommodations & the making of reservations for any additional transportation (air-taxi, boat, helicopter etc.). In addition to this fee, client is responsible for lodging for both Jeff and client(s), client meals, and any additional transportation services (air-taxi, boat, helicopter etc.). Once an itinerary is agreed upon, Jeff will provide a custom-quote with firm number for the total costs.
Contact Jeff today to inquire about a custom photo tour
“My goal for all of my Alaska photo tours and workshops is simple: bring you to unique and spectacular Alaska locations, offer you personable & easily understood photography instruction to take your photography to the next level, and make sure your time is enjoyable.” – Jeff Schultz
“I found the custom tour and workshop to be more than expected in that Jeff spent so much time with us. He is a great wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to spend a couple days with. We spent time working in Lightroom and chatting which was above and beyond expectations. Jeff is so genuine in both his love of photography and teaching that we came away learning more than expected.”
“Jeff is a wonderful instructor, and super nice guy, who taught our group a lot about composition, hyperfocal distance, and much more. This workshop was a big step in my photography, and after participating I noticed huge improvements in the images that I produced. I would highly recommend that anyone who wants to advance their photography take one of Jeff’s workshops.”
“This is my third photo trek with Jeff Schultz and Alaska Photo Treks and for good reason: it was another AMAZING trip! The personalized focus, first class instruction, and Jeff’s easy demeanor made for a first class experience in the beautiful country of Alaska. Bottom line, if you have an opportunity to attend one of Jeff’s Photo Treks or Workshops, TAKE IT!”
View Images from Custom Photo Tours by Season
Custom Tour Deposit & Payments:
Due to Alaska’s short season as well as the high demand for, and limited number of places on these custom photo tours the following payment & refund conditions apply;
Except for the initial deposit, all prices are based on Cash/ Check/ Wire transfer or electronic payments which do not incur fees to Schultz Photography. Add an additional 3% to any “balance due” quote for use of Credit Cards. Unless Otherwise agreed, Due at time of booking: $1000 to reserve the dates (if booking more than 120 days ahead). $300 of this deposit is non-refundable after 30 days of payment. If booking less than 120 days ahead, 100% of the quoted price is due at time of booking.
Balance due: 120 days prior to trip date or 100% if booking is made less than 120 days of trip date.
Custom Tour Refund Policy:
Except for the non-refundable $300 of the initial deposit payment, all other deposits are 100% refundable up to 120 days prior to the trip start. Refunds for cancellations less than 120 days prior to the start date are not guaranteed. If we can fill the space with another booking we will refund the payments minus the $300 non-refundable fee, plus any non-refundable deposits with vendors.
Cancellations less than 120 days from deposit, where we cannot fill the space will forfeit 100% of the deposits. For this reason, and for medical emergencies, we strongly recommend trip insurance. Except for the $300 non-refundable deposit, any deposits forfeited can be applied to a future Jeff Schultz Photography photo tour for either you or a designated recipient.