Who chooses which icons make it into the book? The icons in this book were selected by me, (with input from many long-time Iditaroders). I take sole responsibility for their selection. This is by no means meant to be an exhaustive list and I do not present myself as the final authority on the subject. I have however done my best to select persons, places, dogs and events that can represent and serve as proxies for all the hundreds of others who constraints of time and space will not permit me to include. It is to all these other unnamed people, places and dogs that I dedicate this book.
- Traditions (Red Lantern, Trail Mail, Garland of Roses, etc.)
- Dogs (Rambo, Andy, Granite, and more)
- Places (Dalzell Gorge, Farewell Burn, The Rocks of Ruby, etc.)
- Mushers (Winners, naturally, but we’ll include other iconic mushers, too)
- Superfans and Supporters (Howard Farley, Bill Devine, Veterinarians, Iditarod Air Force, etc.)
- Moments (The Famous 1-Second Finish, Moose Attacks, and other unforgettable times)
- Gear and Food (Tang®, Coleman Stoves/Cookers, Pilot Bread, and more)
Icons of the Iditarod includes images both in classic black-and-white as well as color. Many have not been published before, among them portraits of Iditarod champions taken at their homes in the summer. This is not just a coffee-table photo book. The text, written by Iditarod book veteran Tricia Brown, will educate and advance fresh and exciting details and stories surrounding the Icons of the Iditarod.
- Flex-bind (thicker than a soft-cover, not as hard as a hard-back)
- Pages: 144
- Photographs: Over 125 black & white and color photos
- Size: 11 x 9 1/4 inches
- Retail price: $34.95
- Publication date: December 2017
Photography: Jeff Schultz & a few others for historical photos
Writer/Editor: Tricia Brown
Photo Editor: Richard Murphy
Design: Elizabeth Watson
Production Coordinator: Richard L. Owsiany
ORDER THE ICONS OF THE IDITAROD BOOK TODAY!!.
The Icons of the Iditarod is ready to order NOW, right here. All books ordered here are signed and, if you like can be personalized by Jeff at no extra charge. On the order form, please state to whom you would like the books personalized to if you do. If nothing is chosen Jeff will simply sign and date the book.
Shipping in the USA
- 1 book = $34.95 + $6 postage for media mail (2-4 weeks) or $14 for priority mail
- 2 books = $64.95 (save $5) + $7 postage for media mail (2-4 weeks) or $14 for priority mail (3-5 days)
- 3 books = $94.95 (save $9.90) + $8 postage for media mail (2-4 weeks) or $14 for priority mail (3-5 days)
- 4 books = $125.95 (save $13.85) + $9 postage for media mail (2-4 weeks) or $14 for priority mail (3-5 days)
- 5 books = $157.95 (save $16.80) + $14 for priority mail (3-5 days)
- 1 book Regular Mail $36.00,
- 1-5 books Priority (5-10 days) $60